10 February 2014

Another Cold Day

Prairie Winds - 11x14" - Oil on canvas panel



I woke up to another -32ยบ C morning. I can't even tell you how many days it's been since it's been warm enough to be outside. I am starting to go a little stir-crazy being cooped up so long. Someone said this is our 6th moon with snow on the ground. That's far too many! To say I am antsy for spring would be an understatement.

The upside of this long cold winter is that I've been very productive. Without being able to be outside I've had a lot of painting time. Today is a good example. This morning I put the finishing touches on two painting, and this afternoon I worked on this one.

Prairie Winds is a redo of a painting I wasn't happy with. I am much more pleased with it now. It originally had a house on a ridge and the sky was too choppy. I may or may not put a hint of a building in the trees when it's had a chance to dry a bit. But I may just decide I like it as is and call it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment